Friday, March 7, 2008

There are more people out there like me

Yesterday we met with another company to see their design and animation capabilities, to see if we could work with them on upcoming demos and projects. I got a lot more out of the meeting, though--we met some guys who are kind of like us, but farther along in this entrepreneurial road. They started their company a few years ago, and during our meeting with them yesterday, we got a glimpse into their "start up story"--some of the why and how they left the corporate machine to start their own gig.

It was a good day to have that meeting and hear those stories--yesterday morning I met with the sharkweasel (my lawyer) and realized there's a whole list of things that I need to do that I haven't done yet. (like insurance...evidently I need that...) I realized that I'm only two weeks old and although I started out feeling like I was really smart and could do this, every day I've started to feel more and more like an idiot. Not because what I know is wrong, just because there's so much I don't know. And so much that I don't know that I don't know.

I'm looking forward to meeting and making friends with other new entrepreneurs. They make me feel just a little bit smarter. And that there's hope. Because I'm only two weeks old...