Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Instant gratification

Yesterday the Rockstars were going to go to a "virtualization" conference. In the immortal words of Inigo Montoya, "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." Turns out virtualization has more to do with data back up than virtual worlds. Luckily, we saw the session schedule before we all showed up there, and decided that we should have a little "Tandem Summit" to get stuff done instead.

So, we worked on the plan for our first product. But all day, in the background, I'm thinking this is going to take too long. I want something fast and easy, something that shows our capabilities and expertise, and something that will start generating revenue. Last week, one of my co-conspirators and I had a really great chat about strategy and the state of things, and we came up with a little idea. That little idea is very different than anything I've ever done, but I find it exceedingly more interesting. Its direct-to-consumer, and I know nothing about that. And its all I can think about.

Even better, I think this new idea can be done really quickly. I feel like our bigger product plan will be huge, but it will take awhile to implement. The whole gang is on board and we're moving full speed ahead. On the side, I'm liking the excitement of playing fast and loose with my instant gratification product. So maybe we'll have two products by the end of this year...

No comments:

Post a Comment